Our school is steeped in history!
Application for the establishment of a state school at Miallo was made following a meeting of concerned parents on the 1st of August, 1910. A provisional school was granted, which meant that the parents were to provide a suitable building for a school.
The school opened in 1911 on the current site next to Miallo Creek, with a total of twelve students. The traditional owners of this land are the Kuku Yalanji people. The first Head Teacher was Mrs Ethel Taylor, who was appointed on October 20 of that year. At this time, washing and drinking water for the school was carried by the students from Miallo Creek.
In 1925, the original corrugated iron dwelling used as the school and teacher's residence was replaced with a school building, consisting of one room with a verandah. This was extended to two rooms in 1932. In 1948, a fence was erected around the school to alleviate the problems of children playing near the creek. Electricity came to the school in 1958 and additional learning and staff spaces were built during the 1970s.